Thursday, August 22, 2013

Oregon Summer


 Even though this year there's been little rain, Oregon still looks so much greener than home on the Santa Ynez Mountain Ridge where we live above Santa Barbara. To match my sister's yard for greenness I would need paint!

 I've been taking photos of independent bookstores as I saw more of those than the endangered giant chain stores of the past. Seems like they appeal to us even when online options are so prevalent. This one is from Newburg, OR.

Above is a view along the lower Columbia River headed for Astoria.

In Shakespeare land we camped at Emigrant Lake near Ashland and went to see "Streetcar Named Desire" at the theater. Not the bard, but a bit of culture. Hot days and pleasant warm nights, could have stayed for more theater. Maybe next year.











I am posting @paddledoc on Twitter along with NatureTrack.org @Naturetrac these days. Come join me over there. Any of my books you buy support NT. Thanks!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looking forward to an Oregon visit late September/early October...

half dane said...

wow. well done blog. thanks for sharing