Monday, June 4, 2012

The Adventures of Frieda and Her Friends: Book Launch 6/15/2012


Come help me celebrate the launch of The Adventures of Frieda and Her Friends.

Book Launch/Fund Raiser for Nature Track: Friday, June 15, 4-7 PM at the Goleta Library Multipurpose Room at 500 N. Fairview.

I took Frieda to Turkey to give my friend’s daughter. After reading, he asked if he might publish the book as there were few new books available for children in Turkey. He wanted to put this in their hands. After our bi-cultural, bi-lingual effort across two continents, the book is complete with wonderful illustrations (not mine) that are as glowing as the digital copy I saw earlier!

Best of all, my friend Kaan will be here from Ankara! He was an exchange student in Santa Barbara in 1984 who lived with us. AND we will share refreshments together! Come on by!




All profits will go to support Nature Track www.naturetrack.org, a non-profit foundation for introducing children to nature. Carole and I volunteer for Nature track and I am on the board.  There will be information on becoming a volunteer/docent with Nature Track and backpacks to everyone who buys a book! We'll also have info for teachers and home schoolers about outings for your students with Nature Track.

An extra bonus for participants at the book launch, Jeff Jones will be showing a few of his extraordinary landscape photos! Lumnos.com 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dennis. I'm happy that your love of nature is being communicated across generations! I hope "The Adventures of Frieda and Her Friends" becomes a best seller. Art R

Ignacio and Carolyn said...

This is terrific Dennis! Looking forward to bringing my daughter to the book launch. See you there.

Ignacio

doglaf97@aol.com said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful! I'll try & be there!